My Confession - Jared “Log” Livesey
My Confession October 07, 2026
To Whom It May Concern, and All of My Listeners and Readers Ever:
Accept accountability for your misconduct the instant it’s brought to your attention, to avoid leaving this life unrepentant and risking condemnation. I warn you: You’ll discover no way to escape before paying fully for every sin; and while in prison under condemnation, are you able to redeem yourself? I warn you that you cannot. - 3 Ne. 5:26 CEI, Jared Livesey, do confess to everyone within reach of this document, that as of 11:25 AM PDT 10/7/26, I am spiritually blind, and always have been spiritually blind, if spirits even exist. I have not beheld the things of heaven, and do not know if heaven exists. I have not seen the Lord Jesus Christ, and for this reason, I do not know that he exists, nor the Father, nor the Council of the Gods, nor angels, nor saints, nor demons, nor all the rest. I do not know the scriptures are true. I do not know Joseph Smith was a true prophet, and I do not know Denver Snuffer is a true prophet. Because I do not know if spirits exist, I do not know which spirit or spirits I have been hearkening to, if any; after all, I do not know the source of the varied voices I have heard in my mind, and it’s possible it’s all hallucinations, schizophrenia, or the effects of a frenzied mind. On the other hand, it could all be real and be exactly what I have believed it to be. I do not know.
In all the things I’ve taught concerning faith and God and so forth, I have been speaking according to my beliefs. I’ve spoken according to my best understanding in my experiences as a spiritually blind person, if spirits exist. I hope someday soon that I might be healed of my spiritual blindness, if indeed spirits exist. Nevertheless, the fact remains that I cannot be relied upon to give you any true and correct understanding of reality.
I believe I have said in the past that “I know the Church is true,” relating to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If so, I lied; I never knew any such thing; I only believed it really, really hard, for reasons that do not amount to knowledge. I have probably said I knew a great many other things relating to the unseen world or the scriptures. I pretended to know stuff I didn’t know. I spoke as though I knew. I think that’s what the scriptures might be referring to as hypocrisy. But I don’t know.
I have staked my life, the only life I know for sure that I have, on the claim, the idea, the possibility, that the unseen world described by the scriptures and Joseph and Denver is real, and that the things I have perhaps only imagined as the voices of angels, Jesus, Gods, baptisms of fire, devils, and so on, are real. I have heretofore lived according to this belief system. Nevertheless, my intransigence in adhering to a belief system is not evidence for the truth of that belief system. To the best of my ability I have tried to teach only that which I have believed to be true, based upon the scriptures, which I believe to be true. Sometimes that included assumptions or speculations or guesses or stuff I heard from unseen voices that I passed off as knowledge on to others. Again, pretending to knowledge I do not possess is what I understand to be hypocrisy in the scriptures, and I have been a hypocrite if that is indeed the case.
I have deleted my other blogs, and I make my confession of my utter and complete ignorance publicly so that all may be disabused of my pretensions to knowledge. I acknowledge I am a fool.
And why do you focus on the bit of sawdust in your brother’s eye, but ignore the log in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother: Let me pull the sawdust out of your eye, while there’s a log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first get the log out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly enough to remove the bit of sawdust out of your brother’s eye. - 3 Ne. 6:6 CE
Behold, he that has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more. By this you may know if a man repents of his sins: behold, he will confess them and forsake them. - T&C 45:9
Jared “Log” Livesey